MYRNA'S MINI FILIPINO EGG ROLLS
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 egg white (beaten with 2 tsp water)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
Combine all the ingredients except flour and wrapper. Stir until evenly combined.
Place a level tablespoon of filling in the center of one egg roll wrapper. Brush the edges with the egg white wash. Fold one corner over the meat and roll, tucking in edges of wrapper to create a roll similar to a burrito. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
Cut each egg roll crosswise into 3 pieces. Working in batches, dip the edges in flour then deep fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from oil to a paper towel lined plate.
Serve with duck sauce or chili sauce.
- If you don't have onion powder, use half of a fresh onion, chopped.
- You can make the egg roll up in a advance and store in the freezer until ready to dredge and fry.
From "the chew"